Tuesday, October 18, 2011

What's that? Something Fun for the Mother? :)

So here's something fun.. 
The local coffee shop has invited me to lead a group once a week, to teach what you can do with digital pictures.  I've been making photobooks on Shutterfly for years.  So many, that they send me an email every once in a while for a freebie photobook.
I also make calendars for the Grandparents every Christmas, and all sorts of other kinds of gifts.
I also, make home made movie slide shows out of my pictures, and set them to music.   I can do all kinds of things with pictures.
It's easy to get lost in this big ole world being "His Wife" and "Their Mom".  Sometimes, I get so involved with taking care of everyone else, and making sure they are happy, and they have everything they need, and everything is in order.. I tend to forget who I was, and what made ME happy.  I used to be a teacher, I used to teach preschool.  And now that I am on permanent disability I just stay home and run the house.  Yes, I always wanted to be a Mommy when I grew up.  This IS what I wanted, I just didn't expect to lose myself.  
So this opportunity to get out once a week, and spend a night in the coffee shop, with other picture takers, sounds like it was tailor made just for me.  I'd love to share my knowledge of what I learned how to do, with others, I WAS a teacher :)
Drink coffee, talk pictures, GET OUT.  Do something I LIKE.. it's exciting!
Here is an example of a movie I made of all of us having fun this summer, at out favorite spot.. THE RIVER :)  Be sure to listen with sound.




No comments:

Post a Comment